ShirodharaShirodhara is an ancient method of Ayurvedic healing that helps one to find harmony within the mind body and spirit for a holistic wellbeing.It is one of the main therapies of ayurveda which helps not only in rejuvenating and purifying the body , but also relieves ailments related to neurological disorders. In this treatment warm medicated oil/ cool medicated butter milk/ medicated milk / medicated decoctions is poured on the forehead .The procedure is done for about 30 min followed by a gentle abhyanga massage. Benefits.
- Relieves anxiety , depression , insomnia, stress, Migraine and mood swings.
- Stabilises the nervous system
- Treatment of Psoriasis,
- Treatment of cervical spondylitis
- Strengthens head, neck, and upper organs
- Helps in increasing the memory.
ShirovastiShirovasti is a word comprising 2 terms, Shiro meaning head , Vasti meaning retaining herbal oils or medicated liquids on the head. In Shirovasti treatment a bandage is tied and a cylindrical cap is secured around the head. Then medicated oil is poured into the cap and allowed to soak into the scalp. Shirovasti is a very soothing treatment in Ayurveda.
- Treatment of paralysis and other neurological diseases.
- Relieves insomnia , depression and chronic headaches.
- Relieves the dryness of nose , throat , mouth
- Helpful in treating diseases of cranial nerves, eye diseases etc
NasyamNasyam is an ayurvedic treatment that aims at purifying the head region and nasal passages . Here medicated oil is instilled into the nostrils. The sole , shoulder , neck and palm are gently massaged and steamed, before and after the therapy.
- Treatment of Myopia and other eye diseases.
- Relieves sinusitis/ Migraine/ Cervical Spondylitis.
- Nasyam strengthens our sense organs
- Strengthens the immune system
- Helps to avoid premature aging
KizhiKizhi is a special treatment procedure introduced by the traditional Ayurvedic Vaidyas of Kerala. A Kizhi is a densely packed bundle with herbal ingredients. The Kizhi is massaged over the affected area or the whole body as required. The warmth of the Kizhi combined with the active ingredients of the herbs and oils improves circulation and reduces body stiffness and pain.
- Ela Kizhi – Made out of tying specially processed leaves of medicinal plants
- Podi Kizhi – Made of powder herbs
- Navara Kizhi – Made of Navara rice prepared in medicated milk and Kashayam
- Anti inflammatory and analgesic effects on Musculoskeletal diseases
- Strengthens the muscles
- Activates the blood and lymphatic circulation
- Rejuvenates the body.
AbhyangaAbhyangam is synchronised massage of the whole body or local body parts as per the condition of the disease . The massage is done by applying warm herb – infused oil to the body in rhythmic and sequential steps.It is usually done for 40 -60 min depending on the illness.
- Increases circulation
- Stimulates digestion
- Nourishes the tissues
- Tones the muscles
- Lubricates the muscles
- Supports nervous system
PizhichilPizhichil is the pouring of warm medicated oil over the body while turning the body in seven different positions. The treatment starts with a full body massage and then followed by a medicated warm bath.
- Relieves rheumatic complaints
- Helpful for diseases related to the nervous system
- Relieves the body from general weakness and stiffness
- Rejuvenation and strengthening effect on the musculo-skeletal system.