Spondylosis, also referred to as spinal osteoarthritis, is a painful condition that develops as a result of the spine’s age and wears and tear. The most apparent reason is our obsession with different devices which affects our spine and joints adversely. People who spend more time sitting are more likely to develop spine problems. We must extra take and effort to keep our spine active. At times, it is important to get proper spondylosis treatment through Ayurveda to relieve the symptoms. Among the different treatment options, Ayurveda is the best cure. Spondylosis can be managed with Ayurveda by restoring the optimum levels of the aggravated Doshas. “Ayurveda focuses more on preventing any diseases from occurring. For any prevailing diseases, the root causes are found and treated so as to eliminate the illness as well as avoid it from recurring”, says our Medical Director Dr Jobin J Madukkakuzhy.
What Causes Cervical Spondylosis?
- Bone spurs
Spondylosis can affect the cervical (neck), thoracic (upper and mid-back), or lumbar (lower back) spines (low back). The most common spondylosis is lumbar and cervical spondylosis. With age, the bones and ligaments in the spine wear, abnormal overgrowth of bones may develop, discs may dry and crack, cartilage may wear out, and ligaments may thicken. Spondylosis encompasses all of these age-related degenerative processes. Spondylosis isn’t always accompanied by symptoms. When symptoms do appear, they usually involve stiffness or soreness in the neck or back. Spondylosis in the cervical spine (neck) can cause headaches.
Let’s check out the different symptoms of Spondylosis.
Symptoms of Spondylosis
- Pain in the neck that may travel to your arms or shoulders
- Stiffness in the neck
- A nagging soreness in the neck
- A popping sound when you move your neck.
- Muscle spasms.
- Arms and leg weakness
- Shoulders, arms, or hands numbness
- Trouble keeping your balance
Besides-related degenerative factors, most people experience neck pain or other symptoms related to cervical spondylosis if you:
- Have one or more family members with this condition
- Strain your neck often during the job
- Have a previous neck injury
- Do heavy lifting
- Are exposed to a lot of vibrations like bus or truck drivers.
Spondylosis treatment through Ayurveda focuses on providing effective pain relief, reducing the danger of irreversible harm, and assisting you in returning to a normal life.
When you experience severe low back discomfort or cervical spondylotic myelopathy, you need adequate support from health professionals. When it comes to dealing with matters related to the mind, it is important to get the best treatment at the right time. By considering Cervical spondylosis treatment through Ayurveda, you can reduce varied types of ailments.
Spondylosis Cervical Treatment in Ayurveda
For many years, Ayurvedic medicine has been quite effective in the treatment of spondylosis.
After a thorough assessment of the client’s body and psyche, Ayurveda understands the condition in-depth, including etiological factors, imbalanced Dosha (Biological humour), and digestive fire. This is followed by therapies such as Marma Massages (specialised massage with energy point stimulation), Kashayadhara (decoction bath), Pizhichil (Oil bath), and various Kizhys (Bundle bag massage- Podikizhi, Elakkizhy, Njavarakkizhy), Vasthi (Medicated enema), all of which help to reduce stiffness and inflammation in muscle and joints, as well as ease movement and reduce pain symptoms.
- Kati Basti – It is the most effective treatment for lower back pain. Herbal oils used in this basti comprise healing properties that allow cleansing and strengthening of the circulatory system, lubricating the joints, and developing strong muscle and connective tissue.
- MerudandVasti – Merudanda Vastiis effective for treating slipped discs, prolapsed discs, muscle soreness, spasms, traumas, spinal degeneration, spondylosis, arthritis, paralysis, and mental disorders. This treatment can be used to treat any condition connected with the low or mid-back.
- JanuBasti – JanuBasti is a helpful treatment for patients who have knee problems. Anti-inflammatory characteristics in medicinal oils aid with inflammation and pain. JanuBasti increases blood flow to the knees, strengthening the muscles, bones, and joints.
- Marma Massages (specialised massage with energy point stimulation) – It is a subtle energy that supports the body’s and life force’s healthy functioning.
We at Madukkakuzhy Ayurveda provide traditional and updated spine care treatment services to help you lead a healthy life. Our medical expert team at Madukkakuzhy Ayurveda assures overall healing and rejuvenation of the human body. We provide the best spondylosis cervical treatment in Kerala. Chief Physician Dr Robin Jacob at Madukkakuzhy Ayurveda says “As an ancient holistic medical system, Ayurveda fosters the rejuvenation of life along with the detoxification of accumulates. This integrated approach reduces body illness and kindles the natural rhythm of the metabolism of the body. Natural therapies, blended herbs, lifestyle practices, and regulated diet plans of this treatment grant longevity with zero side effects”.
Yoga plays a key role in treating cervical spondylosis. We follow the teaching methodology of Sivananda Yoga and Iyengar Yoga. Dr. Robin underwent training in the traditional Hatha Yoga form from Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Ashram at Neyyar, Trivandrum and continued his research in Medical Yoga by obtaining a Post Graduate degree in Yoga Therapy and Research Studies from Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu. He has also studied the Iyengar form of Yoga under Elvira Schurig in Leipzig, Germany, who was a direct disciple of BKS Iyengar.
Book your appointment now and experience the joy of regaining balance of body and mind.